The activity of setting and achieving goals is like planning to go on a trail ride for a picnic lunch and then arriving at the planned place at the planned time.
- The first step is to decide on the best place for lunch.
- You leave the stables and head off in the general direction
- Then as you continue on your ride, you make decisions, like which turns to take so that you arrive at your destination in time for lunch.
When you are setting goals
- You decide what you want
- You know where you are now and have a general idea of how to achieve it
- Then you make decisions and progressive steps to achieve your goal
July 1st is a fantastic time to assess the decisions and progressive steps you have taken towards achieving the goals set in your New Year’s Resolutions.
If you are not half way towards completing your goals for the year, it may be time to push on in a strong trot or look for that short cut (, although you may now have to jump a hurdle to arrive at your destination on time).
Happy July 1st,